This striking Georgian building was constructed in 1760 to house offices, together with domestic accommodation and later it was extended at the rear to include a courtyard.
The building seems to have always been used by Solicitor firms and it apparently still retains its original floor plan and staircases. It has an old court room in the rear wing, which was last used as a magistrates court in the 1950’s, and still has the bench and dock!
In the Kelly’s 1900 Trade Directory this property was listed as the “Leek Association for the Prosecution of Felons” and also”Challinor & Shaw Solicitors”.
On the 13 April 1951 it was given a Grade II listing by English Heritage.
Shooting Information –
Canon EOS 550D & 18-55mm kit lens, Exposure 1/15, Aperture f/16.0, ISO 200, Focal Length 18mm.