Ford House was built as a house. The interior still has most of the detailing from the 19th century remodel in the early 18th century then extended and remodelled in the late 19th century. The interior still has most of the remodelling from the 19th century with Arts & Craft or Renaissance Revival detail. Some of the fireplaces still have tiles made from the designer/artist William de Morgan. Styllistic evidence would suggest that the remodel was designed by William Larner Sugden.
Ford House was originally the home to the locally influential Sneyd Family. Now it is no longer a house but the offices of an accountancy firm.
The house was granted a Grade II listing by English Heritage on 13 April 1951 and the perimeter/garden wall was given its own Grade II listing on 7 June 1972.
Canon EOS 550D & 18-55mm Kit Lens
Exposure 1/320, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 200, Focal Length 18mm